View Single Post
      12-03-2020, 01:03 PM   #40
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
After much effort and study, and with the help of @MR , my project is finally finished. Living in EU i had to deal with the OPF/GPF .

So i decided to order a Midpipe from Active Autowerke because i didnt want to change the rear muffler because i really love those old school stainless steel original M engraved tips ! the muffler isnt huge , its just so low . Also , i wanted to lower a bit the car and install as well 10mm spacers . I will share some photos of the items and during installation . I have to say i was supriced by the results !

The sound now is amazing , im loving it ! I can feel the car now different , it can finally breathe ! The height and ride also is perfect , its a bit stiffer than before , but i love it !

Many people told me it couldnt be done , cars after June 2020 , have more stricted ECU , and are locked , so i couldnt disable the opf sensors . So i took the "risk" (my prod date was 06/20) and went directly on the ECU , NOT from the OBD2. And the tuners tools could read my ECU , so we disabled the opf sensors and installed the midpipe ! Coming from an OG M2 with mpe exhaust , i dare to say that this now sounds better ! Really, angry raspy sound until redline. Also , for sure , i can hear the exhaust sound even with closed and open windows , before that was a dream :lol

Also , i couldnt notice if there is a "fake" sound at all. It sounds real , mechanical and you understand it ! For anyone searching for a better sound , i highly recommend the midpipe! I was amazed. Just be sure if your ECU is tuneable! I didnt want any performance gains , i needed the tune in order to delete the opf sensors . So im stock , with a proper sound now !

Again , thanks to @MR , without his knowledge i wouldnt risk it .

I will post more photos in a few days. For a video , please add me on instagram @bimmercs since no youtube.
Attached Images

Last edited by F87EVO; 12-06-2022 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 7
GimmeanM1448.50
JPMD171.00
QM287.00
6speed_M23633.50
Moris3.00
E92M3GT101.00
M3 boi3211.00