View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #9
beanfritter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
but do they actually teach you some cool skills?
I did a similar one last summer, the M Car Control Clinic. From their promotional e-mail:

BMW's Ultimate Driving Experience is coming to San Francisco. Claim your spot at the M Car Control Clinic, a full day of adrenaline-induced thrills. For $750, you will get to push some of our highest-performing vehicles, the BMW M2 and M4, to their absolute limit and take part in activities such as slalom and high-speed skids—all of which promise new levels of driving skills.

So - not the same cars, not the same price... but it sounds similar.

It was set up in a big parking lot. One instructor/car per two people. Two groups of maybe 10 people each alternated between M2Cs and M4s.

M2C: slalom, rapid lane change at ~50mph, rat race, laps around a "track" set up with cones
M4: braking/stopping distance exercises, laps
3 series: donuts and figure-8s with plastic covers on the rear tires to reduce traction

Was it worth $750? Sure. It was a lot of fun. I got some voucher afterward for $1000 off a new BMW that I never used... it explicitly excluded the M2 Competition.

I waited about 6 months and then ordered one anyway. My SO M2C should arrive this month. So hello everyone.
Appreciate 0