View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #26
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Sounds like a real sports car to me. Most of them now have no back seat and no manual. Not that I’m celebrating the loss of the manuals. Just saying. There is a fundamental difference between a sports car and a GT car. It’s in seating position, shape, and feedback. I spent a short time in an i8 and I can tell you that despite it being a relatively slow car it is actually a true sports car. So, I think this Supra will disappoint but it’s definitely more of a pure sports car than any 2 series variant.

I think the previous Supra was the most overrated car in recent automotive history, too. It drove worse than an E36 M3 and the engine only made huge power with significant modifications. People think they were making 1000hp stock and that just wasn’t the case.

This chassis is showing good results with the vanilla version cars. A Z4M or GR Supra could be a really fantastic sports car.
430-450 whp from a 3L straight 6 with a few basic boltons and tune in 1994 is pretty damn good. That's what the S55 is making 2 decades later.
Appreciate 0