12-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #11
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I would prefer square but you are sacrificing too much putting a 265 in the rear of this car. It will be fastest with a 295 or 305 out back and a 265 in front, and then dialing out the oversteer with suspension.

Along with @craina. I agree square setup but it's gotta be bigger than stock. If you can get a 275/35/18 setup on an M2 then do it.

Square 285/30/18 fits our 1M...

With understeer at the limit you just can't get enough camber or tire on the front of the 1M or the M2. Max them both up front and then run as big as you can afford to on the back.

285/30/18 and 315/30/18 is probably the fastest setup for the 1M and I love it but the M2 seems to be even more tire limited ??

Agree with you both , i prefer square setup as long as I'm paying the tire bill, even if just driving to the track - i will be rotating my track setups.

If you are running stock 19s I agree run what you can out back and hold on in the corners.

@ Twt...

Randy Pobst loves to drive Porsches more than BMWs so while the data point is nice i would much prefer Bill auberlen or Boris Said's opinion !

Randy loves to get on the power early and often and he also favors high hp vehicles that's why he would advocate keeping the stock setup with more rear tire.
Appreciate 0