View Single Post
      10-13-2022, 01:45 PM   #16
ATPDK
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtotheD View Post
Well I finaly got around to doing it. Did it slowly over a week. I went the long route on the fronts by taking the top hats with the struts. Required removal of the carbon and aluminum strut brace. Only reason was to replace the 5 bolts on each side of the top hats to the recommended hardware. Honestly I'm not sure it was necessary.

Only hiccup I ran into was the rear top hat. Removing the 18mm nut was no issue with the hex counterhold on the stock strut. The M Performance one has a torx instead. I put my torque wrench on the torx and thin wall pass through on the nut and couldn't get it to torque. Once the torx bit started twisting, I called it. Last thing I wanted was to break a torx bit inside or damage the torx hole. It's definitely tight and the top hat is bottomed out on the rubber that sits on top of the adjustment dial. Since the the 18mm nut is pinch style, I don't think it's going anywhere. Maybe others have insight on how they torqued this on the MPC?
Great post! 👍🏻

Rear shocks - Is it meant not to sit all the way up in the mount?

The mount is ~1,5 cm deep but from the rubber on the damper to the threads, there is just ~ 1 cm?

So the damper will not meet the metal in the mount as the standard did. Is that correct?!
I can’t understand torque it down on top of rubber?!
Appreciate 0