View Single Post
      02-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #9
EtotheD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post

2) Use the nyloc that came with the aftermarket kit AND read the instructions for the proper torque spec. The nylocs typically use lower torque specs than BMW's all metal lock nut and in addition to that it's not uncommon for aftermarket companies to use softer metal for the counter hold. This isn't as much an issue if the counter hold is a 10mm socket, but if it's a hex, it may strip before reaching the torque spec of the BMW all metal nut.

3) If the spring will pinch/bind on the dust boot/gaiter then you should cut it. If there's a dust boot on the M-Perf suspension (which it looks like on attached to the bump stop), then you don't really need to double up.

Access on the inner bolt is really limited. The control module for the exhaust valves is right in the way. Also since the camber bolt has a slot, it's easier to realign and get the bolt through when putting things back together. This is one area that the F8x is a lot easier than the F2x/F3x. Trying to align the holes in the camber arm and wheel carrier is such a pain sometimes.
FaRKle! I just watched your video and it's very informative. I was thinking the whole time the Schwaben 18mm would work on the front and rears. I had no idea you could torque putting the torque wrench on the center counter hold. Whole time I was thinking how the hell do people torque down using pass through sockets? Makes sense now. Looks like I'm hunting down a thin wall pass through set. My Harbor Freight one from past installs is only 6 point. MPC also uses a torx now instead of the 10mm.

I couldn't find the torque spec on the MPC instructions for the nyloc. I checked the KW V3 instructions and it said 50Nm. I'm assuming it's probably the same. They also mentioned cutting the gaiter right at the top seat like BMW. I guess they are recommending no protection, I'll probably just cut it short a little.

Yeah I'll be removing the camber bolt. I think some mess up the tabs either by trying to turn through the bolt head instead of the nut or not counter holding the head side.
Appreciate 0