View Single Post
      02-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
EtotheD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazChem View Post
Sub’d. Really interested in your journey as I’m strongly contemplating doing it myself as well. I’ve watched Farkle’s video quite a bit to get familiar with tools needed.
I'm very interested in doing this work myself and learning more about the car. I have previous suspension install experience but definitely want to get this one done right from the start.

For the rears, one thing I'm considering is removing the far end control arm bolt rather than messing with the camber bolt. Other than a harder reach I'm not sure of any drawbacks. I know others have mentioned this but have yet to see a video or write up that does it. Seems like everyone goes for the camber bolt. Heard stories about breaking the tabs that hold it in and want to avoid it. ISTA also recommends replacing the camber nut which isn't supplied with the hardware kit. Instructions have them using a internal spring compressor to remove the rear spring.

As for re-indexing I'm considering just torqueing down replaced bolts at ride height. Measure from the fender to the center hub instead by subtracting the wheel radius to get to the BMW specified height and using a jack to get it there. Lots to research.
Appreciate 0