View Single Post
      02-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #1
EtotheD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Install Questions M Performance Coilovers

Just got my M Performance coilovers and really looking forward to doing this install myself once the weather warms up. I'm preparing ahead and had a few questions if any can help. Read some of the DIY guides here and they are helping a lot. Any other tips would help. I have the Schwaben 18mm strut socket and 10mm deep offset box wrench to get the top bolt off. Also got the spreader socket to remove the strut.

1. I ordered the hardware kit and question about nut 33-32-6-768-884. I got 4 of these. I'm sure it's to replace the nut on the pinch bolt and end link end that is removed for the front strut. 2 for each side. Just want to make sure.

2. Did anyone use the nyloc nut that comes with the MPC to attach the front strut to the top mount? I'm assuming the one that comes with the hardware kit/factory nut would be better. Is thread lock necessary?

3. Is cutting the gaiter needed? I feel it's a poor solution and don't want to do it if it isn't necessary.

4. The rear camber bolt/nut and 3 strut mount bolts on each side aren't replaced even though they are removed. Any reason to replace?

5. Any concerns taking to the dealer for alignment afterwards. Like giving you crap for doing it yourself or am I better off going to a independent shop?
Appreciate 0