View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #51
KristianS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Incorrect, you quoted someone posting Euro weights. Each figure posted was 100% correct.

No, you are quoting weights from UK site. The person you quoted was posting Euro weights that include 68kg and 7kg for each car weight listed. You are the one comparing two different weight types. Which is why you posted this question..."Where did you get this from? The M4 weighs 1560kg, stated here."

It is simple really, you are getting confused.

Euro site:
1625 kg - M2C MT
1635 kg - M4 MT

UK site:
1550 kg - M2C MT
1560 kg - M4 MT

It doesn't matter what you weigh. You just need to compare the same type of weights, when comparing these cars. EU kerb weight is always 75kg more than DIN. The European Union adds this 75kg ballast to account for a driver and a small amount of luggage. If not comparing Euro weights, as you quoted unladen from UK for M4. You then need to use unladen for M2C, which is 1550.
You might want to re-read my post. I'm not at all confused. There's ~2kg difference between an M2 and M4 regardless of whether they are with fuel and passenger or not. The overall weight might increase but so long as you use the same driver and fuel weight, the difference doesn't change. Gearhead999s original post did not post like for like weights as he (or she) had the M4 a good deal heavier which it isn't, fact! So, they were not posting comparative weights. Your figures are correct and comparative, just like mine were. Reel your neck in!

I think you are also confusing the M2C. I have not mentioned the M2C only the M2. The M4 is lighter than the M2C! I'll go a step further. If there's about 2kg difference between an M2 and M4, and the M2C is quite a bit heavier (55kg I think)'than the M2, then it must be heavier than the M4, no? Both my figures are unladen (includes 68kg driver and 7kg of luggage and 90%full fuel tank) weights for M2 and M4 as specified in the UK brochure, 1570(M2) v 1572(M4).

Last edited by KristianS; 05-14-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0