01-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #62
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Makes sense. Manifold pressure was only 3-8psi during the 25psi TMAP boost spikes when I letting off the throttle.

Thanks for explaining!
No problem

Generally when looking at boost I only have these parameters up to avoid confusion/cluttering up the graph:

1) RPM: because it is a reference point to look at things
2) Accelerator position: Not needed but it helps narrow in on WOT parts of the log (helps on really long logs) which allows you to see if boost is going to hit those higher targets not achieved during part throttle.
3) Boost target: so you know what the ecu is targetting
4) Boost manifold: to see manifold boost
5) Boost pre throttle body: to see boost in the charge pipe
6) WGDC: to see waste gate position ("how hard the turbo is working to make the boost requested")
7) Throttle body position: ecu uses this to control boost and if it is closing up and opening you know something is happening, whether it be knocking, misfires, etc and the ecu is compensating by pulling timing and limiting boost. - Of course this is alot more complicated than what I explained but you get the idea.

3,4,5,6 will generally help me determine if the car is experiencing a boost leak.

Then if boost is clean I will move on, if it is looking weird I will look at other parameters for an explanation as to why. Essentially I look at different parts of the log one by one, then at the end the whole scope to make sure I didn't miss anything.
ZM22813.50