01-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #56
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Here's a Stg 2+ E30 v5.9 log, I also reset adaptations: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=600c...90c6636ad8a4c1

Overall, it felt pretty similar to v5.8. The power is still there and it's still super smooth.

I also clocked a valid 100-200 this time. I'm sure it'll go quicker, as few roads around here are flat and straight, so I always end up throwing the draggy up on the dash last second to try a quick run w/o any prep if I happen to see some tarmac.

For instance, this run was 0.2s faster all the way thru 100-180 than my barely invalid 7.67s run, and then I lost all my time in the last 20kph. I probably just needed to shift from 4th to 5th earlier and this would have been a 7.4-7.5s run (and I have no weight reduction on my car!). One of these days...

Between all the Config options in BM3, this particular map, and THOR for the DCT, I'm soooo happy driving my car these days!

Separately: With the new Wagner Evo3 Comp, gotta love only 1F IAT rise from the beginning of 3rd to the end of 4th, and then only 5F in 5th! That's impressive at this power level (442+ whp).

Observation/question: Boost was holding steady at target (20-20.6psi) all the way thru 5th (nice!), but when I let off it spiked to 25.5psi. Big deal, or not a big deal since I wasn't under load and I was just letting off the gas?

Lastly, this tank is ~E40-45. I'll bump up to E47 in the next tank which should clean up some of the timing (which isn't that bad...) and increase the STFT (also not that bad).
The pre throttle body boost spike on let off is due to the throttle body closing thus preventing the air from going into the engine causing an abrupt surge in pressure while the air is being dumped via the diverter valve, it's normal and not a huge deal.

The manifold boost channel is a more accurate guide of what the engine is seeing in terms of boost.
ZM22813.50
nioh_lbbm21716.50
koastal375.50