hson10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 A90 Supra 3.0, '11 E92 M3C

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Nice and simple first mods!

After owning the car a few days, I feel the car is already incredible out of the box, but it needs just a few easy "starter" mods to make it truly feel complete in this stock form.

1) I felt like the pre-LCI taillights were always a great design, but so dumb that they didn't include full LEDs. I understand BMW has to save some stuff for their LCI models, but it was still incredibly annoying to me that these were halogen bulbs! So I pulled them out and replaced all the lights in the rear of the car with Sirius LEDs (8x red for taillights/turn, 2x white for reverse). While I was in there, decided to toss some LEDs in the turn signals as well for the "complete" LED look. IMO this makes the pre-LCI lights look 1000x better, and just as nice looking as LCI units in terms of the design!
(Thanks to ChrisK - followed his thread here and worked beautifully: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=sirius)

2) IND paint-matched front reflectors - very popular first mod, and while I don't think it's the most elegant solution (since up close you can still somewhat see where the outline of the reflector is), it looks miles better than USDM orange imo!

3) Bimmercode coding - Using the Veepeak OBD BLE adapter + Bimmercode on my phone, I coded some simple things to my liking:
- ASD disabled (actually makes a pretty big difference)
- US Sidemarkers off in headlights
- Auto-folding mirrors (arguably the most important )
- Disabled seat belt reminder chime
- Coded all bulbs to LED and warm checks off to make sure they wouldn't throw any error codes

I think with just a few simple mods the car looks and feels like the way it should have come from factory!
Attached Images