View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #13
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I can feel that the car is off boost immediately following a shift, but at that point, WGDC is not at 100%, it's quite a bit lower. After about 0.1s it seems to behave normally, hitting 100% until boost target is reached and then dropping to control it.

Pedal now shown, along with MAP rather than Boost (Pre-Throttle). You can clearly see that once I get back on the gas after the shift, there is a delay before the Load Target and MAP rise up, and it seems to be caused by the WGDC not hitting 100%.

From what you've said, it looks like the Torque request might be the missing piece of the puzzle, and if this truly is causing this 'lag', then it's a software issue that could be potentially improved... Can you think of any reason why the DME isn't allowing boost to build correctly for 0.1 seconds after a shift in 6MT?
Hi Nezil,

WG is a not a direct control of boost. It's the DV dumping boost and throttle opening angle that dictate how much MAP cylinders see and get.

When WG delay to close to 100%, as part of the boost control decision ECU make to handle torque/load to pedal input, turbo shaft speed is not so off, given current and anticipated torque demand.

You really need to turn on torque request to see how it's delayed to "ask" the system to serve you...After that, for a turbocharged car, MAP(IAT and timing being equal) got a lot of say on how much power it's really making. So...follow pedal input, torque request, MAP/load target, would be my suggestion.

In my market there is no manual BMW today. I don't have experience of it...