View Single Post
      08-16-2022, 01:22 PM   #9
bkd705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Okay, deleted last message as I hadn't actually read the whole thread.

If you're going to stick with stock wheels or OEM sized wheels and want a tire setup. I can't recommend Hankook RS4 enough. They only have 245/275 available but their 245 runs wide so it fits like a 255 so will fit a bit nicer than a PSS for example. The bigger stagger will have a bit of extra push, but really minimal.

I have a friend that ran this setup on 9.5/10.5 FIRs (they fit fine because of the width of RS4s) and he is a blazing fast driver now. RS4s last forever, they're very quick, and they'll be quicker and handle heat better than a PS4S/etc. A good tire to learn the limits on and once you can tell that this tire is limiting you from going faster, you can move on to the Super 200 category of tires. Btw, same guy was winning and placing Top 3 in a couple time attack series here (legitimately fast times) with OEM brakes and 19" wheels (FIRs), so APs can wait a while for you likely.

tl;dr Start with RS4s on stock wheels or whatever aftermarket wheels you like the look of. When you want to get more serious go to a square setup with RS4s. When you want to search for tenths, go to a square setup with CRS/A052/RE71RS/etc.