Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
It's almost like you guys have a limited vocabulary to use to describe colors and gravitate toward using the term "dark" and then somehow convince yourselves that the color is actually dark.

This is a light blue color. Look at the blue calipers which are a darker blue. Yes, this is a different hue than the turquoise it turns into in the light, but it is not dark at all, just a different hue. Both the blue and the turquoise blue it turns into are light colors.

The above is LBB but the outdoor pics are also LBB. It isn't a single hue, it is metallic and changes hues. Let's stop trying to pick the best representation for a color that is mutable.
I never claimed to be very bright and I probably do have a limited vocabulary

When I say "dark" or "darker", I'm referring to the photo in the very first post. That particular photo of LBB doesn't, in my limited experience with the color, represent it faithfully and is too "light" in tone and depth.

So, you are correct. LBB is not dark in the broader context. It is, in fact, a lighter blue. It is, however, darker than the very light teal in the first post, IMO.
Ok but comparing a picture outdoors is always going to yield a lighter shade. Between LBB and estoril, LBB is the brighter of the two blues. And yes LBB is as bright as the turquoise/teal color. Just because one facet is more blue (like with indoor lighting) doesn't mean that the color isn't turquoise in outdoor/yellow sunlight. LBB is all of those hues. One picture to represent this color is really hard to achieve.