Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
just spoke with my dealer - they said I have a scheduled start date for March but wasn't able to provide production order number. Should I be concerned?
I suppose it depends on the dealer. Have you bought from that dealer previously? Have they ever misled you? I have ordered cars based on the dealer's assurance that they'd get the allocation, but there is a risk.
it's my first time interacting with this dealer. it seems like I'm going based off of assurance at this point. crossing my fingers that they can deliver. 🤞🤞
I'm in a similar boat. This is my first time interacting with this dealer and first time ordering a BMW. If I hadn't joined these boards I would have been non the wiser. Just learned about production numbers/allocations on here last week. Placed my deposit/order on February 1st, and still don't have a production number, but called the dealer yesterday and was very blunt when I asked if they could guarantee me a car. They said they could.

I'll be extremely upset if this doesn't work out. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to own a car like this.
Appreciate 0