View Single Post
      02-25-2021, 01:31 PM   #80
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I normally spend about 30-40% of my time in Bangkok, Thailand for work and after a year of having someone drive me I got tired of the hassles and for the next year drove myself. Our plant is about an hour out of the city (not that far). If you want to move over you just find a gap big enough for part of the vehicle and go. There isn't any honking and others accept it. Massive traffic, impossible to look at your phone so that problem is gone. Often scooters and mopeds coming the wrong way on the highway or one way streets. Hopefully going back soon. Still prefer to drive myself as the waiting and scheduling the guy (Pong and works at our plant) was a pain for him and I. Now I wake up, get ready, eat breakfast and go.

For normal driving I don't like to drive on the shoulder as eventually it ends, like at a bridge and I am forced to cut someone off to get back in the lane.

Everyone on the right side of the double yellow line going the same way as the traffic jamb is on the wrong side of the road. Extremely common but not something I am willing to do. Motorcycles and mopeds don't think twice.

Name:  Traffic.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  708.7 KB

Last edited by David70; 02-25-2021 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12803.00
W///7501.50
5.M0NSTER3353.50