View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #227
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
You will have both options with your custom tune.

Cary's settings will be via setting the HPFP as 'original' and then you'll also be able to set 'Dorch'

A couple of things to note.

With Cary's settings initially I was having an issue where the HPFP wasn't firing up until it hit certain load. So my pressure was ~100psi and then would burst into life at about 2,500-3,000rpm. If I stopped for too long it would turn off and drop back to around ~100psi.

This was an issue with BM3 and the way the tables were being uploaded or something. Not entirely sure on the specifics.

We swapped to the Dorch settings and it fixed it. Though I noticed recently when I flash I have the same issue initially and then the car seems to learn over a few minutes of driving and the issue goes away.

We've swapped back to Cary's settings now. Same thing initially but now the car has relearned.

The trick seemed to be going easy through the rev range until the HPFP kicks in (you'll feel it - and see the PSI jump to over 2,000 on the BM3 dashboard) and then you're fine to do some WOT pulls. Afterwards it shouldn't dip back below about 1,200-1,300 at idle and then you're good to go. If it does drop to 100psi just try the above steps again a couple of times. If the issue is persistent then there's something wrong with the tune.

When we swapped back to Cary's settings we did it via 'full flash and unlock (diag only)', so that might've been what fixed it.

Hope that helps
Thanks for your detailed response!

I didn’t have any issues with the BM3 OTS maps, but I’ll keep this in mind when I try the Jordan map.
Appreciate 0