View Single Post
      06-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #19
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Please share some details - I personally believe that most of the tickets start this way, not purely via radar, so always looking for more input to stay off the hit list.
First, this is primary true for Calif can not say it is true elsewhere and it only apply to CHP. CHP generally are not looking for speeders, as long as everyone is travelling at the same speed even 10 or 15 over it is fine. They focus on reckless driving activities. Lane changers, tailgaters, slow driver, stop sign and red light runners. Calif is known for the rolling stop sign stops so they watch for this and I have seen more people get tagged for this. I got a ticket for missing a stop sign, was in a unfamiliar area and was looking for where I needed to turn and missed the stop sign.

The other big thing is seatbelts, since many CHP rid Motorcycles they come up behind you and can look in the window and see if you're wearing a seatbelt. There is no mistaking it and I use to see people get pulled over for this all the time.

The only time CHP seem to be ticketing for speeding is at night, when roads are clear and most people tend to want to drive fast.

When I took my class only one person in the class was ticketed for speeding everyone had done something else.

In most states the highway patrol mission is to write speeding tickets so that is all they do.

Last edited by Maestro; 06-15-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
Maynard3861.50