Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal View Post
I agree that the 911 has a lot more appeal, if you can afford it. However, the Cayman is in some ways a better car. Better balanced for sure. If Porsche would equip it with the same engines as the 911's then it would beat it, which is why they don't.

But 911 wins on looks, status and a couple of make shift rear seats.......and ultimate on performance, because they want it to be that way.
I like the Cayman's proportions better than the 911's, esp the shorter overhangs, and the mid-engine placement is ideal for a sports car. Plus the 911 rear seats are only good for when your kids are very small - and legless.

The status part is all marketing and, as such, of no matter to me. And for roughly every pair of new 718s that are sold, they sell three 911s, so a Cayman is less common (relative rarity seems to be very important to many folks on here).

That said, if I could afford it, I'd be ordering a new 911 GT3 Touring to befriend my new M2, 'cause 4.0L non-turbo flat-six with unholy redline.
Agreed! the 4.0 is what seals the deal for me. That and my Dr. Brother-in-Law has a new Cayman. I drove it, it's nice. But i gotta one up the In Laws.
Cayman and gt3...can't go wrong with either, i just know which one I will be driving