09-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #110
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerExcessive View Post
Same thing happened to my F80 back in 2015 when they filled SAF-XJ+FM during the break-in service.

I would have never found the mistake had they not also broken multiple iDrive functionalities during the same service, prompting me to do a full verification run of everything they touched, including spending a week to learn how to re-flash the ECU myself.

My solution was simple: I have never again let any dealer touch any of my cars since that day. These days I rent a stall/lift in a DIY shop every 6 months and take care of my cars myself.

I was wondering if I could potentially let them touch it for the 1200 mile service on my M2C, hence perusing this sub-forum. I got my answer, loudly and clearly.
Just check part numbers on the service invoice afterwards, or go to a good dealer. I've personally never had any bad experiences with my dealer and I really hate dealerships.

Also if you don't let them do the run in service you have to make sure you deactivate the run in feature yourself. Also you're gonna have a difficult time getting warranty in the future.