08-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #623
DE Urlaub
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '71 Pinzgauer 710K

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Hi Dude, Spoke to the Dealer today, it was Manufactured late May/early June. I should have taken delivery this weekend (at the very least, the car should have been at the dealership).

It was confirmed that the car is having the diff. replaced and that it was a 4.5hr procedure (which means they are definitely taking out the drivetrain etc). I am concerned about long term issues or reoccurring issues as a result of the replacement. I'm very much undecided.
IMO (I am affected too ), the prescribed fix is not a big deal. They are simply swapping out a defective module (your differential aka "pumpkin") for a new one. They will disconnect your light-weight CF propeller shaft going into the front of the differential and disconnect the two driveshafts exiting on either side of the differential toward the rear wheels. They will remove the defective differential, replace it with a new one and reverse the above process. I can understand wanting a perfect specimen, but in reality you will get a perfect specimen when they are done with the change out.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0