Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmalley92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Your not wrong, the M2 is definitely louder than the e9x. There is a lot of tire noise particularly from the front. Thankfully it's an easy fix!

For $40 you can install the door seals from the lower tier models, massively reduces the noise level and brings it more inline with the e9x. I did this on my car and it's very livable now on a cruise. Downside is you lose a little bit of edge to the engine noise but it's a worthy trade off I feel. I also upgraded to bavsound stage 1 speakers replacing the dire HK items, which combined with the seals makes the cabin a very nice place to be and makes it feel much more 'premium'.
How do like that BavSound Stage 1 set... that's one thing that actually pisses me off about this car... the sound system. God it really is bad. It didn't bug me at first but its one of those things that after living with the car for a few months I just can't stand. Compared to a GM Bose system its better I guess but it might be worse than the stock BMW Professional system I had in 2008 135i honestly. It's just not good!
The stock system is offensive, I feel your pain! The HK actually gives me a headache it's so bad. The mid range is non existent and the top end feels like it's assaulting your ear drums.

I'm happy with the bav sound, huge improvement. I added the door sound deadening around the speakers as well. There is no harshness, clear top end, punchy mids. Very easy to listen over extended periods. The speakers alone reveal how sloppy the stock subs are on the low end so I might do the ghost sub woofers as well. Even with the speakers alone the improvement is massive. Very worthwhile upgrade if you enjoy listening to music.
Appreciate 0