View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #294
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Update: as expected it's only free for 2019 and newer vehicles. Hate to be right but even the earlier language was pointing toward it being only free for cars on the subscription plan. The earlier cars were on the "one time activation" plan

BMW responded to my note asking about activation with the following (i obfuscated my vin)

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the increased number of emails we have been receiving regarding Apple CarPlay, response times have been taking longer than normal. We appreciate your patience.

Recent changes to our Apple Car Play Compatibility offer are such that it will be extended automatically at no additional cost for our customers with a Model Year 2019 or newer vehicle.

After review of your account (VIN WBA4W9C5XJACxxxxx), we see that an Apple CarPlay Compatibility subscription was never purchased for this vehicle. If you would like to add Apple CarPlay Compatibility to your 2018 vehicle, please visit the ConnectedDrive customer portal (www.bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive). Once logged in, you will have the option to make a one-time purchase to add Apple CarPlay Compatibility to your vehicle. We thank you again for contacting us.
Appreciate 0