View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #166
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I've not heard anything like that, but I have heard about issues from too much of an E-blend for gas, because it can remove the oil coating from cylinder walls and valve train etc.

It's unclear what you mean by 'heads have blown'... Do you mean the head gasket? That is possible, but more likely due to running too much boost.

I run 50:50 WMI on my car every single day. I have the Aquamist progressive system so it comes on progressively based on a combination of boost and injector duty cycle (mostly duty cycle). I use it to increase octane, and for cooling.

It seems strange to me that you've used it less than 10 times. You're either tuned for it or you're not. It doesn't increase power output on its own, unless the map you're running is actually for a higher octane and you letting the DME turn down timing etc., which isn't a good idea anyway.

I'd say that it may actually be good for the engine, but you should have it on all of the time, and tune for that.
Thank you Neilz for your feedback. My mistake.... my buddy blew / burnt his head gasket on his vehicle. The vehicle has been mapped for the WMI 50/50 blend courtesy of Wedge Performance but haven't really used much of it just because I was a tad worried.

Given your advise, i'll be sure to run my WMI on a progressive setup for daily use.

Proud owner of Amelia & Rae. Yes, I named my vehicles
2018 BMW M2 LCI (Wedge Performance Tuned + Pure Turbo Stg 2 Upgrade)
2019 Audi RS4 Advant
Appreciate 0