07-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #34
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstoja View Post
I feel M3 2016 steering wheel like plastic, it is slippery for me. I did not find steering wheel like M3 anywhere. All steering wheels are better. And I have to pay it $75K!?

Really, BMW does not know to make anything except engine.

I saw a Performance Steering Wheel here, it is half leather, half alcantara. My god, for that kind of car you have to have uniform steering wheel, not any kind of combination, because you react different with leather than alcantara or any other material. Combination can be in my Enclave, and still is not so good.

Almost all is fashion in BMW now, without any logic. It seems buyers want it. It seems BMW is not for me. Or to buy new one M3 and replace steering wheel with some used, old one. I do not have a word to explain this.
When you are driving in the correct manner, your hands never leave the alcantara part of the wheel. Take a racing course or watch a professional race car driver... they rarely slide their hands off of the 3 and 9 position. Lots of performance wheels are designed this way. The alcantara is placed where the grip matters and is useful when wearing racing gloves as it gives great grip.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 2