View Single Post
      07-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #29
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
I had the opportunity get my hands on this steering wheel in an M2 and all I can say is it's FANTASTIC. The thick feel, especially at 10 and 2 is perfect. I had an alcantara covered steering wheel in a previous car, but this is soooo much better. For those in cold climates it's worth giving up the heating function.
The alcantara part above the thumbrests is indeed particularly chunky compared to the stock steering wheel. Significant difference, size-wise.

Heated steering function becomes ineffective (no wiring inside the MP Pro steering wheel). Airbag and 'Lane Departure Warning' still function (airbag + LDW vibration engine are transferred).

For a couple of pictures of mine: here

Just a word of caution, price-wise: the MP Pro steering wheel ain't a bargain if you know that it's supplied 'naked' (bareback metal frame with leather/alcantara fabric all around): the middle/inner part of the steering wheel is just bare metal: zero electronics, no buttons, no airbag, no airbag cover with BMW logo, no vertical inlay cover, no plastic frame. Nada. You got to transfer all that jazz from your stock M2 steering wheel to the MP Pro steering wheel. And the MP open-pore CF inlay cover is not included either - it's sold separately.

MP Pro steering wheel:
Name:  M2_MPPro_SW_Diagram.jpg
Views: 5185
Size:  52.0 KB

Here is how my stock M2 steering wheel looks after being 'stripped'. The MP Pro steering wheel is supplied this way. So don't think that the price is a bit steep because you think of getting a full-blown plug-and-play steering wheel - you don't. So, actually, it's pretty "CSL": Coupé (bottom part is cut/flat) - Sport (leather/alcantara + blue 12h marker + chunky) + Leichtbau/lightweight (stripped of all peripherals).

Stock M2 steering wheel: