Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Two cars that would never be cross-shopped...
You have no idea how wrong you are

As a former owner of an e90 M3, F10 M5, and F82M4 I can tell you that CTR is one of the best vehicles available today. I sold my M4 to buy the Civic. I briefly considered selling the CTR for an M3CS or a 911T (I have car ADD). After driving them back to back the CTR is just as quick on the street and way more enjoyable to drive.

The CTR was also the Evo 2018 Track Car of the Year even taking down the McLaren 570S among others (the GT3 was the real winner, but since it was not "really" available at the time they disqualified it). There is a reason CTR's are still going for over sticker price. Say whatever you want about looks, it just shows you are the new target market for the M division. Looks over function, badge over performance. BMW (and other brands like Porsche and Mercedes) have gotten their asses kicked by the likes of Chevrolet with the Z28/ZL1 1LE, Honda with the Civic Type R, etc. The good thing from this is that they have been forced to respond with cars like the new F90 M5 which is a fantastic drivers car. Still too isolated for me (thought about buying one for my wife), but way better than my F10 was.
Your on the wrong forum ...
Appreciate 0