mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurbo311 View Post
Seeking advice...

I have a 2018 N55 M2, 6mt, I just added a Fabspeed Sport Cat and will install a Dinan sport tune (the cheaper one that is essentially a boost controller) next week. I want to know whether an upgraded IC is a must, a good idea, or not needed.

I live in the Phoenix area where its 60 degrees or higher nearly everyday of the year with a good 4 months of that being 100+ daily. Stock, the car felt a little slower and ran out of breath at higher RPMs when temps were 100+. When the weather cooled down (to the 50's at night, 70's during day) the car started to feel faster, which makes me believe the heat played a material role in the car feeling slower. The car runs excellent with just the DP, I'm assuming it'll run ever harder with the dinan sport tuner, but at what point will I need an IC? Now, or will I only truly need it when the temps heat up?

I don't plan to go to a bigger turbo, and I'm not planning any other mods on top of the DP, tune, and IC. I read through this thread and several others but would still like to hear from those with more experience than me... What IC would be a good choice?

This VRSF HD for $341 appears to be the best deal out there right now:
https://x-ph.com/vr-speed-vrsf-f-cha...gh-density-hd/

Is this my best choice for the $$$? The next step up is the VRSF Race for $629, but is that overkill for my setup? I'm open to any brand and any seller.

Thanks!
Hi,
An intercooler is a must for you.

If you are keeping the Dinan sport tune, the VRSF intercooler would be a good choice.

You can make a lot more power by getting a stage 2 tune like JB4, Bootmod3 or Active Autowerke flash. In this case you i recommend a stage 2 intercooler like VRSF Race, CSF or Wagner EVO II

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0