View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #156
CSF Cooling
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F10 M5 - Imola Red

There are brands who are simply reselling intercoolers made elsewhere. they're either buying cores (mostly overseas) and welding their own tanks, or simply buying the entire unit and branding it their own.
There is a "basic" consumer in this business who falls for the "thickest core" "densest fin pack" "this or that", etc, etc..
there is also a customer who is in motorsports, and understands their has to be a harmonious balance between the weight, performance of the cooler, and airflow into the rest of the system.

I've now asked 3 times (twice before) - what is the weight of the VRSF cooler, and other basic specs which would help in comparison.. no answers.

if you want to buy the biggest and the densest core because that is what you think is the best, there is a option for that. If you want to buy a true motorsports "proven" solution, there is CSF.

To give you an idea.. I had a visitor today. The owner of PWR - the cooling company the manufacturers all of the cooling products for all F1 and Nascar teams. This is the level that CSF is at, not buying alibaba cores online, and giving forum guys purchased samples (no transparency) the option to test.

If you want to do a single pull, and call it a day - i'll hack up the front of an M2, hang a bus intercooler in front of it, and show you low IAT's - a single pull, or 1 round of pulls.. what is that going to accomplish? That you have a very big intercooler? but do you win races, and can you keep the car cool in 100 degree heat in a BMW CCA wheel-to-wheel event?

this is what CSF is all about, and this is where we try and bring the best combination of value, performance, and quality to the broader aftermarket.
Appreciate 2
nioh_lbbm21716.50
963mw331.00