Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
A set lockup is more race track friendly when the brake based assist is tuned out.
Any source for this? As far as I know the RWD M cars do not have brake based torque vectoring (unless you count TC and DSC but that is not really the same as it is there to help you maintain control not corner harder).

They have a diff that can lock from 0-100% that's it. This is already awesome as it helps you corner harder without the drawbacks of a fixed ratio diff,

M2C is super easy to drift stock BTW. Im a complete noob and this was me on the 1st time out on the drift track.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xaU...gSezGC3Qb/view
Sorry about the delayed response, I've just now notice you had tagged me..

Anyways, on the subject of LSDs; I've also notice that the Porsche GT3 uses a standard locking diff, instead of their renowned torque-vectoring unit they currently offer. I believe torque vectoring is superior to a LSD in both applications.

However, It's more complex, which means more expensive and (maybe) failure prone. Racing is expensive enough as it is, I think teams don't want to deal with torque vectoring differentials at this point in time.

Whom ever at M Motorsports that writes the CS-R technical specs has decided to include a "regular" LSD to keep things simple.

Racing series will do this all the time to keep the series competitive. I tried to find a source on this but couldn't. Maybe someone else can.

I believe a racecar with a LSD would go around a corner (even a slow one) faster than a road car with torque vectoring because of the better tires and lower weight of the race car.
Appreciate 0