View Single Post
      05-06-2019, 06:03 AM   #135
Andreas21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2

After running Nankang AR 1 almost 6000km on the road and 600km on the Nordschleife I will write a small review.

600km on the Nordschleife is the same as 30 laps (most of them sub 8min and with a 95kg passenger) and it is about the same as 190 laps on my local track Rudskogen and the tires still have some laps in them though not many on the front tires. If the weather allows I will do a trackday on my local track on Friday and I think the fronts will be done then. I will say this is as expected from a tire with a wear rate of 100 on the fronts and 80 on the rears. If I had not driven the almost 6000km on the road the tries would be able to do quite a few more laps on the track.

I the dry the tires work incredible well and warm up quite fast. I ran a hot pressure of around 2.4bar as this was the reccommneded pressure given from Nankang, this is for the Nordschleife, on Normal tracks they reccoment around 2.0bar. The grip from theese tires are just fenomenal and they are very predictive and it is easy to catch slides (not that I had many of them as they are so grippy), they also make a little noise when on the edge so you get a warning. In the dry on normal street driving they behave nicely and provide better grip in low temperatures than the Trofeo R. So in the dry theese tires are a very good choise, the only comparison I have is the Pirelli Trofeo R and I will not hesitate to buy Nankangs again.

In the wet as expected they dont work very well and I only did one lap in the wet to see. This is the norm for this kind og semislick tire so I was not surprised. On the road in the wet and at normal speeds I did not notice any special, but I was careful. There was almost no standing water so I drove like normal on the Autobahn.

So my conclusion is that this tire is a very good option and I will say it is quite close or on par with the Pirelli Trofeo R and I will confom this after a trackday at my local track as I have never driven Trofeo R on the Ring.

This rating is for a semislick tire and like I said I have only driven on Trofeo R earlier.

Tirelife: 8/10
Drygrip: 9/10
Wetgrip: 3/10

Last edited by Andreas21; 05-07-2019 at 03:57 AM..
Appreciate 0