View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #112
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
in theory, one would assume they would summons their highly knowledgeable "Master Technician" for an intricate job like this but from want I've learn, in practice, anyone clocked in for work, that has a minimum of a ASE certification and read a shop manual, gets the ticket that day. It's a roll of dice, the foreman uses the manpower he has..
When I used to work as a BMW technician a long time ago, on my first year on the job, I worked on an Alpina Z8. It was the first time I've ever seen that car before in person. We just pick out the repair order right out of his box and whoever was up next pulled the next order. Now, I get the team leader and shop foreman's side of things where handing out special tasks to certain Master BMW Level 1 technicians can get techs upset (not fair that a few guys get the hard jobs and others just get "gravy" jobs only when it's flat rate). The dealership I worked at didn't care at all if you stayed ASE certified or not. Actual BMW hands on training never really happened for anyone that was under 60+ flag hours a week. Just all online video training and a quiz at the end that you can keep taking again if you fail until you do pass. Now, IDK if it was just the BMW dealer that I worked at that was like this, but I'd assume many other dealers are similar. Just something that I've experienced in the past.

As nice as the 3 year service for free is, I really don't feel all that comfortable when someone else touches my cars. Even if it is for something as small as an oil change.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9103.00