Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure a roof swap would be an in-house job. I've noticed there is an entire passage dedicated to this, in the dealer training manual.

So let say this is true, in theory, one would assume they would summons their highly knowledgeable "Master Technician" for an intricate job like this but from want I've learn, in practice, anyone clocked in for work, that has a minimum of a ASE certification and read a shop manual, gets the ticket that day. It's a roll of dice, the foreman uses the manpower he has..

It a car basically a machine with thousands of parts working in unison, it's not rocket science. My issue is room for human error and possible blowbacks from having to tear-ass open my lid. As a wise man once said; "Shit Happens" 🙌
That's not how it works. Been in the business since 1992.
Well? You're supposedly oozing with real world experience on the 'business' and you have nothing to add countering my claim but humble bragging?

So tell me, how are you certain whom is assigned what specific job at a franchise dealership service department?
Appreciate 0