Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomeister View Post
My guess is that every M2 CS has those imperfections , but not at the same places. Of course its not a deal braker , and it would rather be perfect than now , but now its over , just take that approach , it was first tested on the M2 CS , each car/roof is unique with those small imperfections. Coming from the OG M2 , i love the CFRP roof , looks like a racing flag ! 🏁 by the way , those imperfections are so minimal in reality , and i also have to admit that the 1x1 weave on the M2 CS is much better looking than the 2x2 . I will provide more photos of the roof tomorrow.
Your roof looks pretty good
It has some imperfections but not huge deal ..
First of all, I love the CS and I'm not really that bothered by the 'defect' but let's be honest, the whole appeal of carbon fiber is its appearance and not any actual practical weight reduction.

The fact that their is a flaw in the roof's weave (whatever the reason) is big fail IMHO. Especially for a replacement part that probably retails for like over $8,000 and about 22 hours of labor to swap.

One thing I would tell you is If I owned a CS and there was a imperfection as this, I would just leave it as is.

No way I'm going to have some dealer tear apart my new vehicle, just for this but it's still upsetting nonetheless.

I guess you can say ambivalent about the subject but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it..
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25089.50
F87EVO4033.00
A6bullet337.00
Moflow2484.50