medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenB7 View Post
LOL. Some points to make here:

1. I think the blue looks great on this car. Especially with the blue-gold-ceramics combo. With the CS body work, it elevates the general vibe to being greater than the sum of its parts. This is a really unique and cool car out of the box and it shows!

2. Don’t worry about hitting the idrive when you’re shifting. I don’t know how you would do this unless you really did drive around with one hand on the shifter and your elbow flat on the surface. When it’s time to shift, I reach down and shift. If I’m shifting into 6th, I generally have my palm facing slightly outwards for an extra safety net. Not an issue. Even if it was, who cares it’s a cool manual drivers car.

3. Who goes out and tries to build 90% of x car for y budget rather than just buying x, especially when x is unique and special? It seems so time consuming and convoluted. That was hard to listen to.

I recently had good, long drives in a 991.2 GTS and a 718 Spyder. I was shocked to find that the CS had beefier steering with better feedback than the 991.2; it even had a more satisfying shift action than the 911’s 7 speed.

The 718 Spyder shifted, sounded, and steered better...however the opportunity window for fun was much smaller. The CS is legitimately more fun more of the time than a GT4/ Spyder. I may grab a Spyder next summer though.

I love getting into my M2 CS and driving the absolute hell out of it every day. It’s such a good daily driver. I’ll always add other stuff to the fleet, but I’m putting mega miles on the M2.

In what world am I going to go out and buy less of a car and then start adding all these ingredients lol. Plus, the adaptive suspension makes the drive very versatile on the street.

M2 CS is a unique car that has its own special vibe in BMW’s modern line up. Sure there are many other cars past and present, and I intend to experience many of them. However for a modern drivers car that is a DD with a full warranty, the CS is excellent.

I have already ordered a second set of gold rims so I can destroy them all winter long. Gotta enjoy cars like this as much as possible while they’re still around.
Damn right. Drive the hell out of it. I plan to do the same. This isn't going to be kept as a low mileage garage queen. I purposefully picked this car as my DD.
Appreciate 0