SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I agree, I really wanted the CF roof. Although once I realized the weight savings was a whopping 5kg, all of the sudden it didn't appeal as much. One thing was for certain, no way I'm ordering the roof and letting the dealership cut off the existing one.
It's a metal shell that has to be removed and a carbon one to replace it. It's not a hard install.

If the M2 CS has all of the new M Performance carbon parts (hood, roof, trunk, fenders) it will shed 23kg/50lbs (according to the m perf parts spec sheet) ...judging by the spy pics, it doesn't have the carbon fenders, so subtract 3kg from the savings, but appears to have the other carbon parts.

CCB will shed 53lbs compared to the 2NH brakes.

And if you wanna remove the back seat, that'd shed another 52lbs, replacing front seats would probably be another 80lbs loss. But I realized we're talking about from the factory here. Just wanted to add that in.
Wheel(15 lbs), roof (20lbs) and hood (presumably standard, 10lbs) combined save 45lbs. And that's pretty much it. Keep in mind CCB is optional, anyone can do it for factory money.

Seat is most certainly a different leather cover no savings. If any weight saved from Interior, the front lip and rear spoiler add them back.

With M2C, can have Wheel(can recoup by selling factory), roof, hood, lip, spoiler and diffuser for like 20k installed.

There is no reason bmw don't charge a 20k premium. No mention there are the 450ps factory tune, CS chassis tune and new interior all included.

It's hugely about having an exclusively designed car from factory.

Personally, 85-90k is the fair price. If you like it, worth it.