M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Here we go again. Good luck with that. Much more than a warranty voiding tune and carbon fiber "bits" go into a CS. For example a $4,000 CFRP bonnet and light weight CS specific wheels just to name two. An aftermarket modded M2 Comp is not a factory CS sorry.
CS wheels, CF hood, and CF roof are all part of the M performance parts for M2. You can even buy them today except for the roof, which will be available this summer. Steering, diff etc. enhancements can all be coded. Tuners already are able to export oem maps from from ZCP, CS, GTS cars and make them available to public. Would this risk your warranty? Of course it would. Don't get me wrong, CS is a great package and depending on the pricing, this might attract a lot of buyers (even current M2C owners). However, for example, there is not a single thing that is available on the M3/M4 CS and cannot be added to the other M3/M4 models. I believe this will be the case for the M2CS and M2C as well. If you are after the CS badge and willing to pay the premium then it's the way to go but saying "Much more than a warranty voiding tune and carbon fiber bits go into a CS" is not very accurate because that's pretty much it. Many people, like myself, are only interested in the tune, CF bits, and other enhancements that can be easily coded (steering, diff etc). Not interested in any of those fancy interior trim pieces or the CS badge. The biggest appeal of CS IMO is being able to retain the factory warranty while having a nice tune and I'm totally ok with risking my warranty if M2CS will be priced similar to how M3/M4 CS is priced. And finally, I don't think anybody is claiming a modded M2C is an M2CS but it sure can perform like one after the adding the changes I mentioned above.
Appreciate 7
Karlosm2c290.50
BAN_M2C4180.00
bplewis24188.50
EthanEJC199.50
filet.M2c784.00