United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
What kills me about this car....
Why not give us the option to spec an M3-like beast into the smaller M2 chassis and charge us M3 money for it??
If the performance, along with the cost of a lower model, overlap with that of a higher model, it gives both owners, along with the manufacturer, a "diplomatic" way out.
Everyone gets what they pay for and BMW instantly kills aftermarket tunes and makes more dough.
I realize it's a bold concept but it's just as silly to hold cars back from their full potential. There should also be room left for product versioning...win-win for all involved.

Attention BMW bean counters: off you go to the drawing board!!

I couldn't agree more! I don't want another "entry level M", I want a smaller M4 😁
And it's doable. Traditional feasibility studies can be bypassed and this can be achieved without complicating the parts bin and overall supply chain.
You want an S55 motor in the M2? No problem, pay me! Carbon fibre roof? Sure but at a cost, almost like Porsche a-la-carte style.

The only big expense that still cannot be shaved is the federalization cost, and it would have to be done for each unique combination of add on performance parts.
Let's hope that the Trans-Atlantic Treaty with Europe will be passed which will equalize standards on both sides of the pond. If and when this happens, we are bound to see some interesting developments with the German automotive market and its offerings in North America.

Here's to hoping!
Appreciate 0