Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
The M3/4 adaptive suspension is not the same damper/sensor/algorithm technology as the "M adaptive suspension" used on the base 2, 3 and 4 series cars.

If the M2CS gets the same tech as the F82, This will probably replace my F80. If it gets the M240i system, it will not be as capable and I'll trade up for a Porsche as originally planned.
That's interesting. What is the difference in the adaptive suspension system between the M235i and the M4? I had the M235i. While it was able to noticeably smooth out the low speed moguls, it was not able to always get it right. When I changed to larger wheels and tires it also changed the adaptive suspension ride characteristics. Unfortunately there was no way to fine tune the system. You just have to take what it gives you.
Different suppliers, different hydraulic valve in the damper.

The M version is more expensive and capable of better hydraulic performance. Also, the F8X has additional sensors on the dampers themselves that gives the ECU more accurate data as far as what the wheels and body are doing. Without these sensors, the control system cannot react to all the inputs properly and has to estimate certain behaviors.

They may use the same basic algorithm (or maybe not, there's no way to know), but at the very least, it would be updated to incorporate the data from the additional sensors.
There's two accelerometers on each front wheel on the non-Ms like the 240i but four on the M4, for each wheel.

Is that the sensors you're referring to ?
Appreciate 0