View Single Post
      03-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #34
DLT222
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyT View Post
Got a look at my car today before i receive it on Thursday, as it turns out the supplying dealer is fairly local to me!

The car was just off the transporter and I've told the dealer not to wash it during PDI.

I need to confirm with my detailer by tomorrow that I'm going ahead with coating or not.

Having a think about it, and looking through my supplies in my garage. I would be able to spend a day preping the car pretty well myself, and instead of applying a ceramic coating, give a regular wax

I'm thinking the following:

Snow Foam
Wash
Rinse and dry
Iron X
Quick detailer & clay bar
DA Polish full car (Auto finesse Tipple)
Wax ( Autoglym HD)
Ok, note on the HD wax. Good wax but lack longevity. Great shine etc but it's full of fillers to cover any minor imperfections.

This is one of the reasons I always use Swissvax. Sure it's expensive, but you will struggle to find a better wax.

It goes on like butter as you only need a tiny amount, and comes off just the same. It won't leave horrific white marks on the plastics either.

If you are using iron-x the clay will be easier, use a soft clay and a decent clay lube.

The DA with right pad combo will give you a great result but remember if there is a slight breeze to wipe down the panel that's about to be polished right before hand. This will stop any particles getting in the pad and giving you a nightmare swirl.

You can also use a fine mist of water to allow the products to go a little further making the job a lot easier and save on product too.

Clean the pad after half a car so it's fresh for the second half.
Appreciate 0