12-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #46
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 20i S-Drive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
I dont understand it tbh, are uk dealers allocated or informed of allocations in different ways? Why should one dealer group know when their cars are coming and another has no idea. I know of 3 others with M2's on order and all have been told a build month.

My dealer has said BMW have told them they will get 3 in 2016. At the moment I'm no 2 but may be moving into no 1 as the chap at no 1 isn't sure he wil take it.

Still no U.K. Config.

Dealers don't seem to know anything... While I was spec'ing I asking for a price of the M235i Carbon mirror caps. Came back and said no point giving you a price as they wont fit. M cars have different shape mirrors I.e M4/M3 mirrors. Clearly hasn't even looked at the brochure!

Also asked about the m driver performance de-limit and driving course option. Just got a blank look and wondered off to ask someone. They didn't know either. I had to show them the uk brochure blurb to prove it was real.
I do find it bonkers that we consumers know more than the dealers. I actually told my dealer what the M Performance parts for the M2 would be, haha, as they had no clue!

I also would probably spec the M Drivers package to raise the top speed like in all the press / marketing material too. But it wasn't on the build configurator when I had to go in and spec the car to 'move things forward'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
If your getting their second car and the dealer is only getting 1 then it kind of makes sense they can't tell you when it will come as they wont have their 2017 allocations. All very frustrating though. I suppose I should look on the bright side at least I can buy one, unlike the shambles of GT4 and GT3 RS allocations with Porsche!!!!
Maybe your right however it sounded like they didn't know any timings for any build slots even for the ones for this year...

Agreed on those Porsche models although I do wonder whether the M2 will sell out for the UK. Remember it's not even on sale yet and I may not get one until 2017 haha (Although I am in sleepy Norfolk ) It seems like only a few hundred will reach the UK each year. Others here say that BMW will ramp up production but it seems the factory can only make so many. Suppose time will tell.
Appreciate 0