View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #49
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
And you work for BMW I presume...? So at 1199 miles I haven't hit above 5000 rpm, but at 1200 miles I give her the beans at bang rev limiter, what EXACTLY changed for this to happen? (HINT, it's NOTHING changed). It sure isn't software limited.

It's like being 20 years old at 11:59 no your birthday, yet waiting till midnight to be able to buy a drink. The break-in procedure is simply a CYA by BMW, to keep morons from wrecking their cars. My response or reasoning isn't flawed, it's an opinion. You have yours, I have mine. In case you missed my edit, I too can google specific things to fit my agenda.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+engine+hard+break+in

Feel free to read any of those results. Don't care either way though.
Just to point out first, absolutely nothing you said is a counter argument to anything I've stated. And if I work for BMW or not, that isn't some dispute of the facts and practices, so not sure why you're using it that way...

And yes, your logic is flawed for litterally every single reason I've previously pointed out that you choose to ignore and double down with your "opinions".

And now you're building a strawman against me, because not once did I say there is a difference between 1199mi and 1200mi. And using false equivalence arguments as some way to prove your point. Turning 21 to drink is not the same, because there is a law that takes into affect at that point in time.

And your "new engine hard break in" argument is irrelevant because we are not speaking about engines here...

Last edited by Anthony1s; 02-12-2020 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0