View Single Post
      12-22-2023, 07:52 AM   #3
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomy93 View Post
Hey, I have a manual 2016 F87 which I bought second-hand. The previous owner used to take it to the track, it is heavily moded: Stage 2 ~430hp, ECU Mapping, M Performance exhaust, CTS Intake, coil-overs, etc. But I'm not a track person (also there is just one shitty-maintained circuit in my city).
I come from 600cc motorcycles which I love because of the controlled sense of speed and the higher rpm sound... So I feel the car is too fast for streets and highways. It reaches very fast speeds without going high rpms...

I was thinking of downgrading the ECU Mapping to stock but maintaining everything else. I know I won't get a motorcycle feeling but will it l be still fun? or maybe I will regret it? Will I still be able to fishtail my car in Sport mode? (I never go Sport+)

Thank you!
1. This car was designed to have FUN either on the street, or at low-level HPDE's, and the stock power is quite enough for both.

2. Stock power + charge pipe, catted down-pipe, inlet, dv and BM3 stage 1 tune will give you the best response and best driving experience. Adding the bigger intercooler and significantly more power of Stage 2 makes the car worse (IMO) except for the numbers.

3. How tossable and fun a car is has a LOT to do with the tires. Choose Firehawk Indy tires for pure, lasting fun.

4. The M2 is way too heavy to be anything like a motorcycle, choose a fantastic condition Lotus Elise/Exige for the same money and be much happier in that regard (as long as you're not taller than 6'). But overall The Elise will not be as fun in some ways because it's meant to stick vs fishtail.

I couldn't choose, so I have both, and they work fantastically for me.

My Boys III by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Appreciate 2
F87Tomei267.00
gphung193.50