Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2016 X5 M Sport

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpvince View Post
In my experience, a mf cloth + leather cleaner can be pretty rough on the more delicate-looking leather surfaces if used with any amount of decent pressure.

I would usually go with a horsehair brush + leather cleaner to start, lightly agitating the dirt on the surface. Then gently wipe off the grime with mf cloth. You could try that first.
What are you doing to the steering wheel that would make it so dirty it needed this much cleaning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpvince View Post
In my experience, a mf cloth + leather cleaner can be pretty rough on the more delicate-looking leather surfaces if used with any amount of decent pressure.

I would usually go with a horsehair brush + leather cleaner to start, lightly agitating the dirt on the surface. Then gently wipe off the grime with mf cloth. You could try that first.
What are you doing to the steering wheel that would make it so dirty it needed this much cleaning?
It's actually quite the opposite. Not dirty at all. When I start noticing a slight sheen on the surface due to the transfer of oils from my hands, I'll use the brush and leather cleaner to clean it off in order to maintain the matte finish. I'm very particular about my cars lol
Appreciate 0