View Single Post
      10-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #26
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I have a mid-course update on the TPMS problems with my car.

I was out of town for a month, so all I could do was to wait for an appointment with the dealer on my return. In the interim, I contacted the Tire Rack and told them that everything I had read indicates that the problem is with the sensors they installed (and charged me for) in the 4 snow tires. I asked them to send me 2 spare, working, sensors, that I could take to the dealer on my upcoming visit so that the dealer could both diagnose and fix the problem in one visit. I dropped the car off and was given a loaner.

An hour later I was called by the SA and told that ALL FOUR sensors in the tires were defective, and that there was no point in replacing two of them as this would just be a waste of time; I should get the remaining two and make another appointment to have all 4 sensors replaced. I asked the SA if they could test the 2 spare sensors I had been sent, so as to assure that they were functional, which they did, and I was told that they were OK.

I contacted the Tire Rack again and they have sent two more sensors. Owing to my need to get snow tires on yet another car (VW R) before it starts to snow in the mountains, I can't take the M2 back in to fix this problem until mid-November (I live 160+ miles from the dealer, most of the time).

Hopefully, the next visit in to the dealer will be the last one for this issue. It is hard to believe that the Tire Rack could possible send out 4 defective sensors in one set of 4 tires; seems to defy the odds. What seems much more likely to me is that the sensors initially installed were functional, but not compatible with the car, and that they are intended for cars other than a 2018 M2.

At least your dealer agreed to install NON BMW sensors! Believe it or not, my dealer basically said FU, theyre not touching them!

Last edited by boostm3; 10-26-2018 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0