ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
To summarize further...

"MDM" is the stupid terminology in the manual for what they should call "DSC half-off." It gets confusing because in some places, the "TRACTION" mode is also called "MDM," which doesn't really make sense since "MDM" is supposed to mean "M Dynamic Mode." The throttle and steering mappings in "TRACTION" are equivalent to Comfort mode, so calling it "MDM" is kind of a farce.

Basically: short press traction control button = driving in snow / sand / mud (you want some wheelspin allowed but you also want a dampened throttle), or you want to make a lot of noise ("hidden pops and bangs mode")...
long press traction control button ("DSC OFF") = only way to drift
Sport+ = combination of Sport and short press ESC, but throttle is artificially overboosted

After driving around in Comfort or even Sport, Sport+ can feel pretty crazy. What's even more insane though is how much traction control is still interfering even in "MDM" / half-off in Sport+. When you try giving it some good throttle in DSC OFF mode, it's surprising how much more power the car has to give, especially in 1st... but you'll just end up sliding the ass / spinning the tires, so it's understandable why it is intervening.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0