Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosielia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
anyone still hoping for a mineral gray bunny to pop out of the proverbial magician's hat?
It's time to accept. Trust me I'm not happy either.
I understand for sure. Tag is in the same boat.

Personally it's an odd switch. BMW just seems to have little imagination with their colors. Black and MG are close and they remove MG to add a " silver " that looks closer to white that they already have. *shrug*.

To be honest though BMW has a history of this going back to the E30 M3. Over a five year run of the E30 M3

Alpine Weiss changed from I to II ?
Henna red (orange ) became cinnabar and then hellRot
Lachsilber ( salmon silver) became sterling silver.
Diamantschwartz did not change.

For a car with only four colors they had variations which you could discern what year in the model run. For the M2 one will know and MG car is the 2016-2018 early run and HS cars in the later years.

EDIT: it also occurred to me that the 95-99 E36 M3 also had a lot of colors with multiple names. For once though , bmw had colors from yellow , to copper (Byzanz) , green, both estoril and avus blue , to purple (violet ) and of course black and white.

The yellow changed over the run ( Dakar I became Dakar II) , as did the violet ( Daytona and techno ) and iirc the red changed from hellRot to Imola. ?
Appreciate 1