View Single Post
      05-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #8
Sam-R
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

April 2020

Chucked some Powerflex bushes in before the coilovers went on, front ARB bush in black series & front radius arm bush (these only come in black) there was also the option that adds half a degree of caster but felt that would be more hassle than it was worth to set up and keep in check.

Came up against a bit of a fitting hurdle on the front arm, here's how they're suppose to go to save me explaining

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/i/product_images/1-5-4001 FI-min.pdf

Pressed the bushes into the arm then the steel insert/sleeve and noticed that the sleeve sat proud of the bush on both sides.
Turns out the insert was too long meaning you couldn't get the supplied washers in either side, by this point there was no return so had to fit them and hope for the best.... typically my best hopes didn't come true.

Untitled by M2 ClubSport, on Flickr

Was a 5mm gap meaning the arm could move, both sides had shot forward and stayed there but I wasn't prepared to leave it at that.

Had 2 options to get over this problem, didn't fancy trying to loose 5mm off the metal sleeve with my angle grinder as it would need to be 100% flat/straight so I opted to drill out the washer to 25mm so they could slip over the sleeve and fill the void.

Worked a treat

Emailed the director of Powerlfex to bring the problem to light. They're going to shorten the sleeves by 5mm (how they were meant to be in the first place) they were also willing to post me out some new washers and sleeves but we were both confident my fix would have the same end result, saves me doing the job for the 3rd time, and as they offer a good warranty I can always address it again down the line if need be.
Appreciate 4
519.E82245.00
Alex2x313.50
Robin_NL8716.00