Sam-R
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

April 2020

Now for the update I've been waiting for - KW clubsport 2-way coilvers

Untitled by M2 ClubSport, on Flickr

Keen eyes will notice these are top mounts for an M4 (& M4 reinforcement plates), in fact the whole kit is for an M4, reason for that is KW only make clubsport coilovers for an M2 in 3-way and they're £1200 more than 2-ways, plus I would have only gotten very confused with high and low speed adjustments and just didn't think it was needed for a road car.

M2 being exactly the same subframes and arms ect from an M4 means the kit is a straight fit

Had a trail fit of some 18s I've still got in the garage with some racing wets on - 18x10 et25

Had to remove the caliper as these 18s no way near clear the caliper

Obviously this is a no go. Wanted to run 10s & 11s but think I will have to settle for 9.5 & 10.5, which is still half inch wider than stock. Will be able tell more once I get a geo to my desired spec then ill have another trail fit.

Going back to what I said a moment ago that the M4 suspension was a straight fit, that wasn't 100% true... I loose my factory strut brace as they bolt directly to the top mounts and not the strut towers, I couldn't live with that and another blessing of the M4 kit is that I can run the fancy carbon strut brace.

Loosing this along with the front boomerang looking pieces

Making way for this

Needs a bit of fiddling to get to work but I like a challenge
Red - F87 M2 chassis has no place for these to be bolted in
Yellow - voids a brake hard line out the ABS so that's a no go
Green - you'd have to cut the wing to access the bolts & makes it a nightmare to get on/off the car

So you're left with this - making it a straight fit for an M2 .... once you've had a play with the trim covers as well

Before

After

Basically just waiting for race tracks to open back up again, but for now its stay at home and stay safe
Appreciate 6